Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Wonky Eye and the Binondo Break

Sa lahat pa naman ng maipapareho ko kay Paris Hilton, itong hindi pagkakapantay ng mata ko ang super obvious.

It gets so pronounced especially when I get sleepy or I don't get enough rest. Ano kaya yon? Because I only developed this now... and I never noticed it before. Although I knew that my eyes kinda sloped downward and looked sad most of the time, they look more tired than sad now. Eep.

Its been a long time since I last wrote, and there have been a lot going on. We just completed a contemporary dance project at the CCP, which was a success, if I may say so myself :) Oh, but the drama and frustration of putting it together... Sigh... exciting times in the life of a coordinator.

And I cant upload my photos because i misplaced my camera cable, so no photos yet... Before I forget what I have been doing, I want to place some of my memories in this space... it gets kinda fast sometimes.

Before I forget the wonderful Thursday I spent with my college friends, Mabi and Joey in Binondo... I did an unusual thing which was to take a break in the middle of the week, just before things get crazy while preparing a project. We met each at the LRT station, synchronizing watches and updating each other each other's location just so we can meet each other at a particular coach. Buti naman nagkita-kita kami.

Then we proceeded to Quiapo from the Recto station. An layo, men... pero sabi ko, keri naman kasi nagte-treadmill naman ako e... but the stench of Quiapo... I dont mind the walk, but the smell was really foul. If the new mayor would like to do something about Manila, then he should start a campaign against that... tapos i-expand sa mga katauhan :P

We passed by Quiapo Church to say our prayers and then had a Jollibee breakfast. Buti na lang medyo heavy ang breakfast ko kasi nilakad na naman namin papuntang Binondo!! Posible pala yon... It was a good thing that it wasnt such a hot day nor did it rain. It was a good day for walking and wallllllkkkk we did.

In fairness, the route was easy and we had a blast passing through landmarks and churches. We almost crashed Carlos Celdran's walking tour, hehehe. While in Binondo, we dropped by Eng Bee Tin to buy some chinese delicacies, walked some more looking for a particular Chinese beer and plopped tired at President's for lunch.

I was not a dimsum person. Whenever I ordered something at a Chinese resto, it was always beef mami. But when I tasted Dimsum & Dumplings sharksfin dumpling with rice, I was a convert. Now, D&D's dumplings and siomai taste like flour, and we had the taste of the real deal at President's. Hay busog ever. 

Naikot na yata namin ang Binondo kaya ang balikbayan kong kaibigan, naglambing at gustong mag-kalesa papuntang National Museum. O di ba? Masaya naman. Sana nga hanggang Pasig na e. 

We looked through the galleries like tourists and it was great. Whenever I visit Philippine museums lately, it is connected with work. So this experience was refreshing as I got to appreciate it with friends. 

We wrapped up our day at that white halo-halo place, Razon's. I am not a halo-halo person so I just ordered palabok and ate my Korean laver. Yum. 

I have been to Binondo many times and it has always been pleasant cause I've always been there with friends. Maybe another few trips and my wonky eye will shape up in a jiffy.

No comments: