
It's final. Kampanerang Kuba bows out on the 2nd week of December. So much for looking like Ann Curtis... it was fun while it lasted...Here are some photos of me and Vince lest I forget that I was once the "voice". hehehe. As if it were that wonderful --- i mean the voice. the songs were beautiful!
Meanwhile, last Wednesday I watched "April Snow" starring Bae Yong-joon and Son Ye Jin at the Gateway Mall. It was so captivating that I watched again last Saturday, this time with Joy. It was such a quiet but intense movie. A lot of sadness but because also very hopeful. It reminded me of French films in its silence, despite it not being a silent movie. You know the type. A lot of driving, riding in trains, cabs, moving but not really moving... that type. A lot of thinking... It's everything I think my life must be... well, minus the pratfalls and social faux pas...my life actually looks more like candid camera... i mean, my boots disintegrating in the rain, while I was wearing it!!! it can only happen to me.

Bae Yong-joon is not just a hunk. He's a hunk who can act very well! And Son Ye-Jin, although she looks quite plain, you know, typical good girlfriend/ wife material, is so fragile in her sadness, that you want to protect her, which is what Bae Yong-joon's character, In-su did. Sigh. I am not like that. I probably cannot exude that kind of fragility, even if I tried. Oh to be a maiden in distress...
I read that some critics were comparing this movie with Wong Kar Wai's "In the Mood for Love". Well, I liked this movie better, that's for sure. April Snow is grounded in reality and does not sport beehive hairdos!!!ahahaha!
My favorite parts: When In-su and Seo-young return from the wake of the accident victim, wherein they were physically and verbally driven out by the family, and Seo-young requests In-su to stop the car so she can cry--- nay, wail, her grief. My gosh, i can relate totally. Her crying jag lasted till the sun set and it was a poignant scene when In-su just stopped the car, and then wordlessly followed her outside, to keep her company. In those situations, what else can you do?
More movies from Bae-Yong -joon! And not this pathetic one movie a year thing. Enough with the trips to Japan, BYJ!!! hahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment