Thursday, December 22, 2005

Araw-Araw, Gabi-Gabi

Every morning I stumble my way to the office, still feeling hung-over from revelries, real and imagined. As I have been consistent with my tardiness (tsk,tsk,tsk) I have a good reason these days.

Because of the holidays, I have been busy attending Christmas parties and informal get-togethers and the shopcramming jams. Tis a busy season --- and as I am jolly by nature (by conscious effort), I am enjoying the rush.
Last night, I attended the PETA christmas party, whose theme is JS Prom. I actually fussed trying to find a gown that would fit me. Collectively, among me and my 4 sisters, we might have amassed (as in parang ill-gotten wealth) almost 20 gowns/ formal wear. What with all the weddings, debuts, and what-nots. Alas, it was a futile, if not utterly depressing attempt. Nothing fit me! You would think with all that material, something would .... but hmmm... Something fit me alright. The hanbok Tita Bel lent Joy for her presentation. I almost wore it but changed my mind. I put on the hanbok and wore my curly wig and yuck! I looked like a matronly Korean!

So, the gown idea was nixed and had to content myself with looking normal and decent. Good idea because with all the prom queen wannabes that night, I think I stood out in a nice way. Some of the female revelers looked like ninangs at a wedding. Not good. While the fags thought it was high season to bring out their beauty queen regalia and relive their fantasies. Ayayay!



<<>





<< The Prom King, Macky Aquino (who won on the merit of his wig) and Prom Queen, Vince de Jesus (who I think looked like the Prom Princess, (Phil -- who just got a nose job), and the Prom Prince, Nor Domingo, who also won Collapsing Star of the Year.








Underdressed but happy (Aires, moi, Wylie, and Jonjon) >>


It was quite a riot but since there was very little dancing time and the venue was well lighted plus they held bingo night?!!! wtf?! Why include a really middle-aged pasttime in an occasion celebrating youth and innocence. So with that, I bid goodbye.

Bad news, good news: Last night, I fetched my sisters in Megamall. It was already midnight and they were tired when I got there. When we got home, Dotie realized she left her bag in the restaurant! Her whole bag, mind you. she was that pooped. Lucky her that when we called up Hap chan Megamall, the bag was still there (they kept an eye on it) and they waited for her (as they close up at 1am). It seemed that there was nothing amiss from her stuff. Big sigh! God bless them this Christmas!

No comments: